Sunday, May 23, 2010

And... we're back!

Okay- so I send my apologizes because it has been since mid-April since I "blogged"... but April & most of May proved to be overwhelmingly crazy!

Let's recap the life of Justine since the last post...shall we?

School: I am officially done with my first year of Graduate School! Time flies and I really can't believe it. I am having such a wonderful experience in the program that I am in and learning so much everyday. I received a 4.0 this semester and was very sad that summer is here... mainly because I like going to class, learning all I can, and spending time with my professors and my peers. Speaking of my peers- my Graduate Student "girlfriends" and I had the chance to celebrate the end of the semester with dinner & a movie. That was a lot of fun and I hope we get to do more of that in the future... (we will need a break between the studying and thesis writing next year)!

Work: My contract with CALS Career Services ended in early May after I presented our yearly report at our Advisory Board. I started to panic because I could not find any opportunities (except volunteer positions) for the summer. But, as always... things always work out... and during my semi-meltdown, I received an e-mail from my professor wanting to know if I'd be interested in a 6-week summer position with the Agriculture Education Department. Interested??? I'd be DELIGHTED to work for the Department!!!! So, currently, I am working with 3 professors on a Distance Education curriculum grant. I get to dig deep into lecturing materials and class topics to update and/or create new lessons for the upcoming semesters. I love gaining experience, especially in my field of study, so this opportunity had my name written ALL over it.
In addition, I've been asked to help run the FFA Quiz Bowl with some of my fellow Graduate Students. This event will take place at the end of June at the Raleigh Convention Center. Also, I have been asked to do a speaking engagement, with my friend Jessica, on a new technology tool that teachers can use in classroom. This will take place mid-August at a seminar for teachers on campus. Plus, I have to get moving on my thesis research & I just signed up for an online summer class through LSU to attain credits for my teaching license. BRING IT ON! :)

Barn: BIG NEWS! Isabelle is moving to Raleigh on June 3rd. We are praying that Isabelle has a smooth transition into her new home & that Kadan takes care of his "big sister" during that time. And I am sure that there will be plenty of updates about them in upcoming weeks... so stay tuned!

Personal Matters: I am soooo excited for this weekend. My best friend, Emy, is getting MARRIED! I was asked to her "right-hand-girl" aka- Maid of Honor- for this very special event. The bridesmaids’ dresses are gorgeous and we will look so pretty in our "Tiffany Blue". Emy will be stunning in her gown and I can't wait to see Andrew's face when he sees her walk down the aisle. It will be such a special occasion and I will treasure all the memories from the event.


So to keep you wanting more-- check back for wedding pictures on my next blog. By then... it will be JUNE!

No comments:

Post a Comment