So, here we are in mid-June and things have been extremely busy... let's recap!
The last time I "blogged" I was getting ready for Emy and Andrew's wedding. What a gorgeous day we had! We were worried that it was going to rain for the outdoor ceremony, but by the time 4:00pm rolled around, it was clear and beautiful. The wedding was held right on the water outside of the Duke's condo. After the ceremony, we chowed down on a seafood feast and danced and celebrated with the new couple. I really should go into more detail, however, I do not think words describe the fun and special moments we had over the weekend. Cue the pictures:
Bridesmaids & Emy at the Rehearsal Dinner
You may kiss the BRIDE!
Maid of Honor! :)
Eric and I with Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Cope
After re-grouping myself from the wedding weekend, I prepared for the arrival of Miss Isabelle. What a trooper! She was fantastic on a trailer for 12 hours!!! Honestly, I was prepared for her to be a complete wreck moving down here, but my girl did awesome! She has really taken to Kadan. Izzy has always had a motherly instinct, so with Kadan being so young, she has taken him on as "her own". No complaints from me-- I'm very glad they are buddies. I'm constantly at the barn to make sure Isabelle is okay with the hot temperatures, but honestly, I think the bugs and flies bother her more than anything. Summer will be the hardest season for her- once Fall, Winter, and Spring get here though... she will be comfortable!
My babies! :)
Next week is my last week working on the "Grant Project" at the University. I will be very busy though! Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I will be filling in teaching for another Graduate Student's class. Then on Wednesday, another Graduate Student and I will be responsible for running the "FFA Quiz Bowl" at the State Convention in downtown Raleigh. I am super excited for these opportunities both personally and professionally.
In two weeks, my family and I will be heading to Puerto Rico for a few days. We have gone to Puerto Rico a couple times before and it is always so relaxing. I am definitely looking forward to the downtime and spending time with the family! :)
Stay cool (wherever you may be)!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment