Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello, Stranger!

Well, well, well... didn't think you'd see me around here anytime soon now did ya? Okay, so I will confess... it was through the (indirect) influence of others to start blogging again. I didn't meant to NOT blog... but ya know that thing called LIFE? Well, it kinda got in the way!

Looking back to my last post, it was mid-June. JUNE?! Really?! Well... hello. We are now at the end of September. Time is a slippery little sucker- one blink and he's gone!

So... summer details in a nutshell. I relaxed this summer and did it to the greatest extent possible. I knew this Fall would be insane -(more on that later!)- so I knew that being a slug this summer would be soooo worth it. Okay, so I did SOME work because I helped out on a grant through the AEE Department at school. I helped create and/or collect distance education materials for numerous professors in the Department. It was a lot of fun because I received great hands-on experience with educational material and also built relationships with professors. After that, I traveled to Puerto Rico with my family for a few days in the sun and then I spent a couple weeks home in PA.



As I hear the rain pounding on my window, it brings me back to reality that it isn't summer anymore (Thank God! It was so hot for way too long!) and Fall is upon us. Remember when I said that I knew Fall would be insane??... well, yep, it sure hasn't let me down! Prior to this post, I was making my final edits to my IRB form for my research. The reviewer said my form was very well written and with some edits, it would be approved. So, the edits are in place and it is ready to be sent for re-submission tomorrow. One hurdle down, a million more to go!!!!

I have a feeling my posts will be like a roller-coaster in the next few months prior to graduation, but I will say that I have tremendous support helping me through the process. People always say... "YOU are my rock". Well, I am certainly lucky because I have numerous rocks. Call me the rock collector, if you will. I was going to name all of my rocks in this post, but I think I will refrain. The important thing is that I know who they are and I will try my best to be their rock, too.

I could go on and on, but it would probably to best to stop here for the time being. My goal is to post more frequently- that way I will be able to look back in a few months and think "WOW, what was I worried about?!" or "I accomplished that? Incredible!"

Goodnight! Happy tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

  1. I like that concept...the rock collector. These days, I'm working harder at trying to be a rock. I was recently reminded that the more you give, the more you receive. In times where we think we cannot give anymore, we must, because we will recieve ten times over. And, goodness knows we are all in need of some pretty strong rocks right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that when I read your writing, I can hear your talking and it makes me smile. :) I also like your concept of being a rock collector. Diamonds are the strongest, long lasting rocks on the planet. We're pretty lucky to have some friends that are just like those 'diamonds.' and could never fully understand their worth. If you ever need any help with your stuff... I got yo' back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record:

    1) I didn't know your middle name was Camille... I love it!

    2) Add me to the list of those who believe you are one of my rocks! You are an inspiration, seriously.

    3) I miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete